The process of Netgear router setup is pretty easy but with wrong steps and faulty (outdated) router, this can get quite hard. So, it is recommended to follow the steps below and set up your WiFi router with a calm and peaceful mind.
Connect your existing modem to the internet port of the main Netgear WiFi router and your computer or laptop to any of the four LAN ports via Ethernet cable.
Below are two easy to use methods to configure your Netgear wireless router like a pro-
Open a web browser and type routerlogin.net into the address bar. If routerlogin net not working, then you can also type Netgear router default IP i.e. 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 and hit enter.
It will automatically redirect you to routerlogin net login page that shows
- Would you like help or assistance in setting up your wireless network? Check mark on Yes and Click on Next.
- Now your internet connection will detect the type of WiFi your device is using. Here, you have to click on Next.
It will be for the name of your main wireless network
- Set a unique and strong name and then click on Next. After that, it will ask you – do you want to add security to your wireless network? You have to click on Yes then on next.
- Choose your wireless security, enter your password and click on next
- In the next step, it will ask you to change the admin details. It is recommended to change them. Do not keep them as default.
- At last, restart your entire system.
Are seeking for instant tech support?
If the answer is a big yes, then we can help. We have the team of finest technicians working worldwide standing by 24/7 to help our users. Simply call us on toll-free number 1-844-897-9854.
Tip:– Netgear Genie is a software that you can download and install this software and go for Netgear router installation in few below-given easy to execute steps.
Configure your Netgear Router Manually
Note it down that you can also set up your Netgear device using manual settings. Simply follow the steps calmly and configure your device with ease.
- Open a web browser and type the default IP address of your device into the address bar.
- Enter the default login credentials and hit on enter.
- If you wanna configure your device on your own then you have to hit on ‘I want to configure the router myself’ and then on next.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
- If any step annoys you, simply call our certified technicians.
Tip:– Prior to settings up a password or security key on your Netgear wireless router, make sure that you select the right encryption, for example, WPA, WPA2-PSK etc.
Netgear router setup security and password–
- Go to wireless settings and change your network name (SSID).
- Type your network name and select your region as well.
- Once done, select channel 11. Leave it as it is.
- Select auto mode 300mbps on mode section.
- After that, under wireless access point check mark on allowing broadcast of name SSID. Once done, enable the wireless access point.
- Click on security type and enter your password.
Note: For routerlogin net login you must remember the login credentials.
- Click on apply once done and let the Netgear device and existing modem to reboot.
Congrats! The process of Netgear router setup has been done successfully. You can now place your device to its intended location and use it freely.
We thank you by heart for reading our post. Please reach us for any other help or assistance related to your Netgear wireless router or any.